Pune 18 January 2019: The Third Convocation Ceremony of Ajeenkya DY Patil University (ADYPU) was held at its sprawling campus in Charholi Budruk (Pune) on Friday evening.
The Grand Convocation witnessed the galaxy of five eminent global personalities who were conferred the Doctor of Letters – Honoris Causa (D.Litt.) for their valuable contribution to the world of humanity, education, design, management, society and business.
The recipients were:
Congressman Todd Rokita — United States House of Representatives,
Yuli Tamir — President, Shenkar College of Engineering & Design (Israel),
Kazuo Tanaka — President & CEO, GK Design Group (Japan),
Niraj Shah — Executive Director, ANZ Banking Group Ltd and
Anita Garware — Social Worker for Children’s Causes (India).
The Convocation was held in the gracious presence of Dr Ranjit Patil – Minister of State for Home (Urban), State of Maharashtra, Mr. Rajesh Tope – Former Minister for Higher & Technical Education, State of Maharashtra and Dr DY Patil, Former Governor of Bihar, Tripura and West Bengal.
Dr Ranjit Patil – Minister of State for Home ( Urban ), Maharashtra said that this moment of Graduation is important. It is not a full stop to learning, but a comma as learning should go on. Change is permanent in this dynamic environment, where continuous learning and innovation is the key mantra. He added that for a progressive India students should use their energies to help those who belong to economically weaker sections of society.
Rajesh Tope – Former Minister of Higher and Technical Education of Maharashtra, cited the words of Sam Pitroda during his speech. He said that Expansion, Inclusion and Excellence are the three most important aspects of education. Education should be futuristic, student centric and globally competitive . He said that in an era of degradation of values, morality and dignity, we should make sure that we imbibe these values in students during undergraduate courses.
Dr Ajeenkya DY Patil, President – Ajeenkya DY Patil University said, “We always wanted ADYPU to be known for unconventionality and its distinctiveness. For which, the University is meant to expand the powers of the mind and to teach people how to earn a living. To this end, we try to balance pursuit of knowledge, vocational relevance and academic excellence. For us, our mission is to embrace the twin engines of globalization—technology & innovation through our innovative methods.”
Dr Eknath B Khedkar – Vice Chancellor, Ajeenkya DY Patil University—presented the University Report highlighting the University achievements, plan and programs. He went on to congratulate the graduating students and spoke about various innovative best practices initiated in the University.
The Convocation witnessed a large number of students graduating from various undergraduate and post graduate programs in the field of Management, Law, Design, Engineering, Media & Communication. Gold Medals of Merit were awarded to fifteen students for their academic excellence.
List of Gold Medallists for Academic Excellence:
1) Ruchika Sharma – Master of Law
2) Ankit Soni – Master of Design (Automobile Design)
3) Nupur Sharma – Master of Technology (Digital Manufacturing)
4) Aditya Talele – Master of Technology (Automotive Prod Engineering)
5) Akruti Agrawal – Bachelor of Business Administration (Media & Communication)
6) Sonakshi Upadhyaya – Master of Business Administration (Media & Communication)
7) Chirag Uppal – Master of Business Administration (Business Innovation & Strategy)
8) Sheetal Dadas – Master of Business Administration (Finance)
9) Nalini Singh – Master of Business Administration (Human Resource)
10) Aashna Tandon – Master of Business Administration (Digital Marketing & E Commerce)
11) Rohit Algude – Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics)
12) Abhimanyu Chauhan – Master of Business Administration (Banking & Financial Services)
13) Gaurav Garwal – Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Modelling
14) Drona Panchal – Bachelors of Business Administration in International Business
15) Roshni Jagtap – Bachelors of Computer Applications in Mobile Application & Cloud Technology
Latest posts by Showcase Exclusive (see all)
- Importance of Almonds Stressed At Cookout Session - February 8, 2019
- Juniorthon Wins Overwhelming Support From Kids And Parents - February 7, 2019
- Palliative Care: The Missing Chapter… - February 6, 2019