A passionate Chef de Cuisine and a French national currently residing in Australia, Chef Eric Menard comes with 28 years of experience working in France, USA, Middle East, Hong Kong, Belgium and Australia.
A specialist in French Patisserie, Traditional French Cuisine with Moroccan Influence, Sugar Craft and Desserts, Modern Australian cuisine and Charcuterie, Chef Menard has an honorary membership of Les Toques Blanches du Monde for contributing to the export of French gastronomy outside of France.
We invited Chef Eric Menard to create an exclusive menu and share his secret recipes for #Pune365 readers and here is what Chef Eric pulled out from his hat !
CAPRESE SALAD (4 portions)
Ingredients: 4 pieces of heirloom tomatoes, 120-gram soft mozzarella cheese, 4-6 basil leaves
Dressing: 100 ml olive oil extra virgin, 50 ml balsamic vinegar, salt to taste
Cut tomatoes in various shapes and marinate them in olive oil.
- Mash mozzarella cheese and add some finely chopped basil leaves; season as required.
- On a plate, arrange the tomatoes and cheese, drizzle the dressing at the last minute and
- Grind dried beetroot chips and sprinkle the powder (optional).
LAMB RACK, SPINACH PUREE AND JUS (4 portions)
Ingredients: 4 lamb racks with 4 points each, 300-gram spinach puree, 150-gram demi glaze (rich brown sauce in French cuisine)
- Trim and seal the lamb racks and bake them at 180° C for 20 -25 minutes.
- Let them rest for 15 minutes, then slice.
- Boil spinach in salted water and then dip in ice cold water.
- Drain and puree the spinach until smooth and season to taste.
- Melt the demi glaze and season with rosemary and salt.
- Arrange the lamb chops, the spinach puree and the demi glaze and serve with mash potatoes on the side.
LEMON MYRTLE PANNACOTTA AND SEASONAL FRUITS (10 portions)
Ingredients: 200 ml milk, 100-gram white chocolate, 10-gram lemon zest, 40-gram sugar, 10-gram gelatin, 350-gram whipped cream
- Melt white chocolate with milk. Then add sugar, lemon zest and melted gelatin.
- Fold the chocolate mixture in whipped cream and pour it into the desired mold.
- Freeze and demold the mixture.
- Defrost and serve with artistically cut seasonal fruits.
#Chef Eric Menard is in Pune to showcase an exclusive European food festival at Incognito, Balewadi High Street.
Latest posts by Pune 365 Desk (see all)
- Foodie And Craving For Delicious Meat Dishes? - June 9, 2019
- City IT Company Leads Green Initiative On World Environment Day - June 6, 2019
- #Pune365PhotoStory -The Iconic Juna Bazaar - May 16, 2019