Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy about politics, life, religion and non-violence has inspired nations and people across the world…
On the eve of his 150th birth anniversary, we at Pune365 have selected and reproduced here a few gems from his amazing repertoire; Interesting insights into his personality and how he effectively addressed issues that connected with every human being.
- Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
- Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
- Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full v.Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.
- Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
- If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
- Non-violence is not a garment to be put on and off at will. Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being. Mahatma Gandhi
- You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
- A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
Latest posts by Pune 365 Desk (see all)
- Srishti Alumnus, Photographer Mihika Row To Exhibit In Pune - January 30, 2020
- What Can Ever Match Our Favourite Comfort Food? - October 15, 2019
- Is The Flooding In Pune A Man Made Disaster? Panel Discussion 6th October - October 3, 2019