Shrivardhan in the Raigad district of Maharashtra has over the years transformed into a popular tourist attraction…
Its seaside resorts, unspoiled pristine beaches and long green tree-trails that stretch along the coastline are a travellers dream come true.
Incidentally, Shrivardhan was at one point of time a port that was frequented by the traders of Ahmednagar and Bijapur in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Located in close proximity to beach destinations like Harihareshwar, Diveagar, Kondivali Beach etc, it is known as the birthplace of Peshwa Balaji Vishwanath, the first of a series of hereditary Peshwas.
It also houses a monument dedicated to Peshwa Vishwanath.
Shrivardhan is a perfect one day vacation destination for a detox with its never-ending waters. The palm groves and mango tree lines stretches add to its glory.
Visiting Shrivardhan during the monsoons is double the fun, be it the drive on the connecting roads, the view, the calm beach or the salubrious weather..
Sheer bliss !
Mumbai- (185 Kms) Road- Panvel -Pen -Kolad -Mangaon- Mhasla- Shrivardhan.
Pune- (160 Kms) Road- Paud -Mulshi -Tamhini -Vile MIDC -Mangaon- Mhasla -Shrivardhan.
Train: It is well connected by Konkan Railway, nearest railway station is Mangaon.
Accommodation and Food:
There are very few hotel options right on the beach but homestay’s and bungalows are available close by.
There are also some changing rooms available at reasonable rates for a quick shower post water sports etc. There is also a paved stretch facing the beach with benches and seating spaces.
Coastal cuisine is rich with the local Konkani flavours and is a must try. Gorge away on the seafood options available here.
Places to visit:
- Birth place (monument) of Balaji Vishwanath, built in 1988.
- Nearby town, local market, The Somajal Devi temple and Laxmi – Narayan Temple.
- Kondivli and Diveagar beach almost 4-5 km from Srivardhan.
- Shiva temple at Harihareshwar, half an hour from Shrivardhan.
- Janjira Fort, Suvarna Ganesh Diveagar , Harihareshwar Temple, Suvarna Ganesh temple in the vicinity.
Things to do:
- Water sports at Kondivili beach (2Kms) like jet-ski, speed boat, banana ride, horse riding etc.
- Watching the setting sun and strolling of the soft and clean sand.
Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @KaurKaur18
Latest posts by Loveleen Kaur (see all)
- Pune’s Interesting Midnight Food Delivery Options - July 26, 2019
- Excessive Shopping Could Signal Illness- Mental Health Experts - July 15, 2019
- Chronic Stress ? Seek Professional Help Before It Takes A Toll - July 9, 2019