A scorching summer has almost become a hallmark of this city that once boasted of weather that resembled a hill station! Keeping yourself well hydrated with fluids and the right coolers has now become an imminent need…
World class coolers are an expensive option for anyone, unless of course, you learn to make them yourself!
We decided to connect with the cities leading chefs and mixologists to have them share their favourite cooler recipes for our readers. And yes, they are easy and quick to create and amazingly refreshing too.
Cool Blue Hawaiian Mocktail
Gulshan Kumar -Executive Chef at The Orchid Hotel
- Blue cream soda – 150 ml
- Pineapple juice – 60 ml
- Clarified lime or lime juice – 30 ml
- ¾ cup crushed ice
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 2 small pineapple wedges
- Blend all ingredients at high speed until frothy. Pour contents into a tall glass and garnish with maraschino cherries and pineapple wedges.
- Add a drop or two of blue food coloring to turn it back to a cyan blue if preferred.
Green and Summery
Mritunjay Das- Mixologist, Hop- In
- Green apple syrup – 20 ml
- Lime juice -5ml
- Sugar syrups – 10 ml
- Fresh green apple slice for garnish
- Pour all the ingredients together in a glass and stir well for the best taste.
- Garnish it with green apple slice and enjoy the drink.
This drink helps you relish on the food during the long summer days.
Vaibhav Bhatkal -Chef, The Flourworks
- Cranberry juice- 100 ml
- Sugar syrup- 5 ml
- Watermelon chunks- 75 gms
- Fresh mint leaves- 6-8 leaves
- Ice- 4 cubes
- Lemon juice- 5 ml
- Muddle the mint leaves. Add the watermelon chunks and gently muddle.
- Just release some juice. Add sugar syrup, lemon juice and cranberry juice.
- Add ice and garnish with mint and a piece of watermelon.
Dhanesh Phaterpekar -Chef, Sara Soda.
- Kaffir lime leaves- 5 gms
- Lime juice
- Sugar syrup
- A dragon fruit
- One orange
- Crushed ice
- Take 5 gms Kaffir lime leaves. Slice them and muddle with lime juice and sugar syrup.
- In a glass, add the muddled leaves and lime juice.
- Scoop out half a dragon fruit, roughly dice and add them to the glass.
- Peel half an orange and squeeze it in the glass. Add pulp of orange if possible.
- Add crushed ice and sprite to fill the glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a Kaffir lime leaf.
Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @KaurKaur18
Latest posts by Loveleen Kaur (see all)
- Pune’s Interesting Midnight Food Delivery Options - July 26, 2019
- Excessive Shopping Could Signal Illness- Mental Health Experts - July 15, 2019
- Chronic Stress ? Seek Professional Help Before It Takes A Toll - July 9, 2019