Getting drenched in the first rain, having piping hot tea with freshly made bhajjis with the unique warmth of the lingering petrichor is what monsoons are about…
Soak it all but do take care of your health too as the rains also spread infections that can give you quite a heartache..
#Pune365rescue is back again to help you stay healthy while enjoying this wonderful season..
Hair and Skin Health
- Rain water is acidic in nature that can be harmful for your skin and hair. So, avoid this and make it a point to bathe after getting wet in the rains.
- Monsoons come with immense hair loss and skin irritation. Try oiling your hair at least twice a week and wash it with a mild shampoo using normal to cold water. A cleansing, toning and moisturising regime for your skin will help it breathe and stay hydrated.
- Stay well hydrated in the monsoon. Also, have cooled boiled water to kill micro-organisms and other impurities.
- A Good immune system is akin to a vaccination for the body. To increase your immunity and disease resistance, try adding ginger and garlic to your food.
- Although those samosas and misal at the street vendor might seem super tempting, try avoiding pre-prepared bulk food / raw food this season
- Nourish your body with vitamins and proteins by increasing your veggetable, nuts and cereal intake.
- You never know when the BRT cum Fighter-Plane pilots splash muddy water on you. So be cautious and avoid wearing light coloured clothes.
- Keep your house clean and disinfected. Make sure there are no leakages or brimming bins that acts as breeding ground for germs and pests.
- Boil water with Basil, Ginger and Honey to treat viral fever.
- Freshly prepared radish juice is a good remedy for cold.
- Use insect repellents and disinfectants to keep mosquitoes and flies at bay.
- Keep your footwear and feet dry to avoid fungal infections.
- Apply aloe vera gel to reduce rashes and scaling of skin caused by humidity.
#Curated for Pune365 by Loveleen Kaur in 2017
Latest posts by Pune 365 Desk (see all)
- What Can Ever Match Our Favourite Comfort Food? - October 15, 2019
- Is The Flooding In Pune A Man Made Disaster? Panel Discussion 6th October - October 3, 2019
- “Faith Is Not Something To Grasp, It Is A State To Grow Into” – Mahatma Gandhi - October 1, 2019