Business Roundup #Week13

Business
Image used for representation only
Restaurant Chain Eyes Major Push

Barbeque Nation plans to expand the number of its restaurants by up to 30 per cent across the country in the current fiscal, says a report.

Apart from the growth in India, the casual dining restaurant chain is also mulling plans to open restaurants oversees, in Malaysia, the Middle East and Sri Lanka. The restaurants will be opened in metros, tier I, tier II and tier III cities, a company official said.

Reliance Set To Buy Portal Stake

A private company of Mukesh Ambani is set to acquire a majority stake in an online education portal, according to a report.

The Reliance family office will buy the key stake in Embibe.com for close to 100 crore rupees, sources said. A transaction will likely see the promoters and current investors in the Mumbai-based education portal, which prepares students for competitive entrance tests, selling their stake.

Flipkart Unveils Kids Fashion Label

Flipkart is unveiling a private label in kids wear, it’s first in that category, reveals a report.

Named Miss & Chief, it will cater to children in the two-10 age group. The collection will include toys too. Apparels under Miss & Chief will begin in the range of 399 rupees and above while toys like remote-controlled cars, musical and educational stuff will start from 200 rupees. The company said it wanted to tap the fast-growing kids fashion category in the country.

ITC Starts Brand War With Rivals

ITC has launched a major brand war with rivals PepsiCo and Dabur, asking them to make their juices “concentrate free” through prominently displayed hoardings across markets, says a report.

“We’re inviting Tropicana and Real to join us in abandoning concentrates,” screams the latest outdoor advertisement for ITC’s B Natural juices. “Will the competition join us, be there to see,” it says, adding that “this journey” starts from April 9.

Salt Reduced in Kurkure

PepsiCo has cut the salt content in its flagship snacks brand, according to a report.

The first low-salt Kurkure packs have already hit the market, an official said. The move is in line with global standards. The company has been successful in reducing 21 metric tonnes of sodium from its entire snack portfolio till last year and aim to reduce sodium in 75% of our food’s portfolio by 2025, the official added.

Maruti On The Fast Lane

Maruti Suzuki has boosted its market share in the passenger vehicles segment for the first time ever in 2017-18, says a report.

It grabbed 50% of the market share as its utility vehicle sales outpaced that of rivals. India’s biggest carmaker also sold more than 1.5 million units for the first time in its over-three-decade history.

Restaurants Prefer The High-Street

Nearly 60 per cent of restaurants in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru are located on high-street markets, according a report.

This is due to limited supply of quality space in malls and scope for organic expansion, according to a survey by property consultant CBRE. Nearly 82% of the restaurants in these three cities are domestic standalone outlet/chains, while the remaining 18 per cent restaurants being of international origin. Indian cuisine still dominates the country’s taste palette with a 24% share, followed by multi-cuisine with a 22% share, the CBRE survey found out.

E-commerce Firms Seek More Delivery Staff

E-commerce companies are planning to add more delivery staff as competition soars, a report says.

The competition has intensified amid growing volumes and expanding business. The demand too for such workers has skyrocketed with firms looking to double or triple their fleet of delivery agents.

 

Babu Kalyanpur

Babu Kalyanpur, ( Consulting Editor) has rich experience in both sports and business journalism. Babu has led news desks in Pune and Bahrain and writes extensively on his passion, sports and business besides current affairs and matters of importance to Pune.

Latest posts by Babu Kalyanpur (see all)

Comments

comments