As a child I always believed in magic. We all do. It makes the world a beautiful place to live in. As time went by and realisation dawned I still believed in a magic of a different kind. I’m not talking about love here J. It was the kind that made people believe that the world is actually a beautiful place! Don’t forget to talk to your San Diego cosmetic dentist to make sure you’re doing what is right for your mouth!
I’m sure you’re wondering what this has to do with being a dentist. But early on in my career, I saw the effect and discomfort an individual went through if they had bad teeth or even uneven teeth or anything that they thought made them look bad.
It was back then early on that my journey, romance and love with cosmetic dentistry made a beginning!
The changed look, the Confidence a Smile can give a person completely turns over a Personality. If you think you need that makeover, go ahead and meet your dentist!
But before you do here’s a quick checklist. Remember you got just one set of teeth and they need to be preserved like pearls! Make sure you run by this quick checklist and pick the right person to touch your precious teeth!
10 Quick Simple Steps To A Great Smile!
- Evaluate your smile: Cosmetic Dentistry has come a long way from the simple drilling to filling days! Look at your smile in the mirror and identify what you don’t like.
- Review and Pick A cosmetic dentist: Most dentists today offer Cosmetic Dentistry in their office which is great. So take an appointment with a dentist you trust or go online and pick a dentist with some great reviews as a starting point
- Cosmetic Dentistry Needs Advanced Training: Most cosmetic procedures can be completely non-invasive and painless. Your consulting Cosmetic Dentist should be able to give you multiple options with a range pricing and costing for your procedures.
- Insist on Non-Invasive Dentistry: Remember the most complex treatment plan for the most complicated dental work can also be simple, non-invasive and painless.
- Teeth need to be Beautiful and Functional:Make sure the dental office is adequately equipped for advanced and precise Cosmetic Dental work. Remember they are your teeth that are meant to last you a lifetime… dental work should strengthen your teeth not damage them further.
- Dental Damage is Irreversible: If your proposed treatment plan involves plenty of crowns and root canals take a second opinion. Today any well-trained Cosmetic Dentist can make you look amazing with Veneers and Bonded Dentistry.
- Ask for Documented Cosmetic Work: Ask your dentist for documented Cosmetic work done by the team and look at the results to see if you like them. Your dental work will be similar. If you like what you see, go ahead!
- The Trial Smile: Always ask for a ‘Trial Smile’ before you start any dental work. This can easily be done in your mouth or on dental models. It gives you an idea as to what the final look is going to be. Making it easier to decide.
- Good Tools Guarantee Great Dental Work: A dental office doing Cosmetic Dentistry should be well-equipped with good cameras, Cosmetic Imaging software, great tools for non-invasive work and the communication with a very good lab for super Cosmetic results.
- Patience and Comunication: Lastly, remember for that Fantastic Smile your dentist needs precision and perfection. Be patient and work with your dentist. Communication is the key… if you do not like something during the trial smile communicate with your dentist.
I sign off here for now. Go right ahead and make your choice to smile confidently. Happy Smiling !
Dr Shail Jaggi is a passionate dentist with specialisation in cosmetic dentistry and endodontics. She manages an Advanced Microscope Enhanced Practice – Dentalwiz dealing with all aspects of dentistry. Dr Jaggi is recipient of ‘Outstanding Dentist Of The Year -2015’
Latest posts by Dr Shail Jaggi (see all)
- My Mouth Does Not Feel Fresh Dr - February 9, 2017
- Dr Shail Jaggi: Will flossing weaken my teeth? - February 1, 2017
- Is it normal for my 3 year old daughter to have discolored teeth ? - January 25, 2017